Friday, January 1, 2016

Way to go

Sigh.  Here we go again.  Windows finally got it right when they came out with Windows 7. Windows 8 and Vista were so bad, they not only didn't last long, Windows 9 was skipped altogether and voila! they came out with Windows 10.

It's bad enough that I'm so very challenged on computers, but when this nasty little devil decides it thinks it knows what I want and departs for places unknown, I get upset.  That's putting it mildly. Daily meltdowns are now occurring.  And I can't do a single thing about it.  Unless I want to be even more confused and spend a lot more money to get an Apple.  Supposedly, Apples are easier to use, but harder to learn.  Regardless, I'm frustrated.

My daughter-in-law suggested checking out tutorials on youtube.  I need one on one instruction and I doubt I'll get that.  I tried to get my favorites back up today and followed each prompt very carefully, only to come full circle and meltdown, but no favorites.  It took Bob about 30 seconds to figure out there was one little icon on the right that would restore favorites.  Was that even mentioned in the instructions?  Of course not. So, I'm going to bit the bullet and pay for lessons.  Take that computer!

I'm not a stupid person, but I have to admit this blankety-blank-blank-blank machine makes me feel like I was born without a brain.  Teens are getting rich on changing the Internet and forcing us old geezers to buy things we don't want, don't like, don't understand, and can't afford.  Humbug!

When my boys were growing up and a neighbor child complained of misbehavior, my first question was what was their part in the situation.  It's only fair of me to do the same thing to myself.  My part? I want things to settle down. They're going too fast.  I want to be able to learn how to use this and continue to use it, not have to learn something new before I even get well practiced on what I have learned.

I've never wanted a computer, never liked them, have never spent a great deal of time learning how to use them, so it's no wonder I'm not doing so well.  But, then, I'm an amateur and freely admit it.  On the other hand, Windows is supposed to be the expert and they can't even get it right.  Maybe if they would, I could.

1 comment:

  1. Our local libraries offer hundreds of free classes on learning to use computers. I wonder if yours might?

    ReplyDelete