Monday, February 1, 2016

Blossoms on my tree

How did I get here? I look in the mirror and say that a lot.  Time moves faster the older you get and by now, it's speeding along at a swift clip.  It dawned on me Saturday that I'm an OLD woman.  I had lunch with five other women.  Very special ladies in my life, everyone of them. We ranged in age from 16 to 72.  Guess who's 72?  OK, enough of that. To be honest, being 72 isn't so bad.  Over the years I've had some wonderful friends and that includes those wonderful ladies. It takes time, lots of it, to build friendships, so I'm grateful. Very grateful.

It was such a joy to see all of them.  Joyce and I talk on the phone every once in a while and she's visited on a few occasions.  She lives in another state.  Helen reads my blog and feels like we're in constant contact, but I miss her wisdom, her style, and everything about her. It's kind of a one-way street. I hadn't seen Robin in 16 years and it's been almost as long for Barb and her daughter.

We became acquainted at a church almost 20 years ago.  Interestingly enough, none of us attend there anymore for one reason or another.  Worshipping together, fellowshiping together provides a bond that rarely goes away, even if the years and miles have separated us.

The Facebook posts are flying and we're looking forward to getting together again next year.  The only stipulation I have is that we spend more time together than we had on Saturday.  Others want to join us as well. That will be delightful.  Looking forward to it.  Just eleven months and some odd days to go!

Sarah, the 16 year old is an amazing young lady.  For her to sit there and listen to much older women catch up without losing her smile was a very gracious thing for her to do.  Nor did she try to make the focus on herself.  Most unusual for a teenager.  I look forward to getting together with her again and learning more about her.  She's also beautiful by the way.  By the way, Sarah, I have a 19 year old grandson that I'd like for you to meet!

Family pictures were a prominent part of the lunch as well as taking them to put on Facebook.  Proud moms, grandmas, and great grandmas all.  Until next year, Dear Friends, keep in touch and plan on another reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment