Sunday, February 21, 2016

How come?

The news last night said polls were taken regarding the South Carolina primary. One of the questions asked was who's campaign was the nastiest?  Donald Trump won even more votes there than he won in the election.  How come?

Why would anyone want to vote for someone they know plays dirty?  It makes no sense to me at all. In fact, I'm kind of reminded how gangs seem to form. One guy is the bully and others join him, expecting him to protect them, when in fact, he uses them to protect himself.  And when the gang gets in trouble, guess who goes to jail?  Never the bully.  It's those who want his protection. Is that where the expression rolling over comes from?

David Jeremiah said something in his message this morning that I have been striving to do. We need to be grateful for the privilege of living in this day and time.  God has a purpose for our being here, no matter how terrible we think the world is becoming.

Believers in Jesus know that the world is going to get worse.  If it happens now, what are we here for? Much has been written about lighting one candle is better than cursing the darkness.  If we, as believers, would let the light of Jesus shine through us instead of complaining about how corrupt politicians are, perhaps the Lord would change even more hearts that He's doing at the moment.

I'm reminded of the passage that tells of Jesus being unable to perform miracles because of the people's unbelief.  Are we truly trusting the Lord or are we paying lip service to Him?  Ravi Zacharias has done to great messages on this very thing, using Malachi 1.  What it means to worship. I confess, he gave me much food for thought and there are areas in my life that need to change.  How come?

More than anything, I want His will to be done in my life, even if He's chosen for me to live in a time that hates Him, ignores me, and thinks God's will is being done. Supposedly, there were Germans who thought Hitler was the return of Christ.  There are people in America today who worship our political leaders.  I don't judge them, but I do feel sorry for them and pray for them. I won't answer for anyone's life but my own and I want to be very sure my life exhibits Christ-likeness whoever wins the election.

No comments:

Post a Comment