Friday, May 15, 2015

Try Praying First

Another baby step!  Yesterday, I received a call from a doctor's office, reminding me of my appointment and telling me the new patient forms were available on line.  I could download them, print them, fill them out, and then see the doctor instead of balancing the clipboard on my lap, trying to remember phone numbers of other doctors.  You know the drill.

So, I brought up the site and found the forms.  However, there was no icon to indicate how to print.  I looked and looked.  Bob was asleep and I didn't want to disturb him.  Just before hitting the panic button, I started to pray.  Yes, the Lord truly does hear the pray of the smallest sort.  Bob's frequent comment, "right click" came to mind.  There I found the print option and was able to print the forms, fill them out, and today I will proudly present them to the receptionist.  Success!  Thank you, Lord.  It was a good reminder that I can do nothing without Him, But "I can do all things through Him Who strengthens me."

Later on, I took Sheila out for her evening constitutional.  Finding her deposit among those oak leaves is not easy.  Again, I prayed, and again, the Lord answered.  That reminded me of the time during tropical storm "Florence."  Sheila was just a few weeks old and desperately needed to go out. She also wasn't fond of the wet grass that was higher than she was due to over saturation.  During a lull in the storm, I took her out.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with tropical storms and hurricanes, the storm moves in a circular motion and the rain comes and goes.  They're called rain bands.  In one of those quiet times between bands, I took her out, praying, praying, praying.  Sure enough, the Lord answered!

Call me crass, crude, whatever you want for praying about the dog, but call the Lord gracious, kind, loving and anything else good you can think.  He is faithful and yes, he does answer prayer-even the kind some of you may think is downright tacky.

No comments:

Post a Comment