Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Dander Up

One of my co-workers gave me good reason to get my dander up.  Not him, but our government. There has been so much controversy regarding Obamacare.  There have been so many complaints about how the elderly are being mistreated because of it.  Finances are being seriously drained. Getting a doctor is more difficult, and that's just the complaints from the elderly.

My co-worker is not elderly by any stretch of the imagination.  His oldest son is 11, 12 at the oldest. The boy has been developing an inordinate number of moles on his skin.  Concerned, the man made an appointment to have some of them biopsied.  Before the boy could be seen by the doctor, insurance cancelled his family's policy.  This is not the first time it's happened.  There have been several companies who have dropped their family.

This man's salary would qualify for "free" Obamacare insurance, I'm positive, but for some reason, he's not chosen to go that route.  By "free," Medicaid is probably the plan.  Good luck finding a doctor who'll take that.  In the meantime, his young son faces the possibility of skin cancer and, if true, delayed treatment could be dangerous.

It's not only the elderly who are suffering.  It's the children, too.  Obamacare was supposed to help the poor and the young.  If that's the best kind of help our government can provide, we'd all do better without it.

For myself, I cannot complain, at least not yet.  Through many sacrifices we made while we were military, we have had good insurances in our retirement.  That doesn't mean it will continue, but I sure offered a prayer of thanksgiving for the Lord guiding us in the direction our lives have taken over the last 50 years.  I honestly don't know how anyone survives with the heavy-handed regulations non-military have to face.

As for me and my house, we're praying the nonsense will stop.  Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment