Sunday, May 3, 2015

Attitudes

Yesterday's rant was an eye opener for me.  It made me think of the boys I tutor.  One of the things we have to work on and teach them is attitude.  One boy, as I mentioned last week is immature. Immaturity is not a good way to face the world.  He's going to endure a lot of pain if he doesn't get a handle on it.

Then, there's the boy who wants to argue about everything.  He doesn't like to be told he's done something wrong.  Sometimes he's right, but most of the time, he's wrong, including the time last week he said the key said one thing when it was in black and white that it didn't.  He won't get far in life with an attitude like.

We have one boy who's extremely temperamental.  The least thing will send him into a 2 year old conniption.  He has a history with another of the boys who's got to work on his attitude of doing anything to draw attention to himself.  He has times when he thinks no matter what he does, it's right.

Another boy hates, despises, and detests anything to do with books.  He's pleasant in all other ways, but he wants to build things.  So far, he's our only failure in teaching him to write in cursive.  You can see him tense up when he goes to write the letter "f" and without fail, he'll repeatedly do it wrong. How far can he get in an education oriented society without book learning?  I'm not talking college degree.  My own sons have done extremely well without college, but they did get their high school diploma.  I've always considered the high school diploma the first achievement that lays the foundation for the rest of their lives.  They don't get that, the rest of their lives is playing catch-up.

It's that book hater who taught me that I have a bad attitude about computers.  I'm fighting a losing battle, too dumb to admit it, and too stubborn to change.  So, Nettles, take a deep breath, concentrate, and learn how to use the expletive deleted  thing.  One man told me years ago to make it work for me, not the other way around.  It's time to drop the defeatist attitude.  It's time to repent of the rebellious attitude.  It's time to ask the Lord for an attitude adjustment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment