Monday, July 28, 2014

All they can do is say "no"

Did my usual grocery shopping this morning at good ole Wally-world, although grocery is the wrong adjective.  Bought more stuff for the house than for the stomach.  That seems to be the case these days.

Anyway, while there, met one of the co-managers.  I knew him because we've talked before.  Once I wanted to exchange my Keurig Vue to one that took k-cups.  He was most accommodating.  Then, too, when I receive outstanding service-which I have on several occasions, I make a point of it to pass along the information, in hopes the employee will receive some kind of recognition for their hard work.  Have spent more than my fair share of days employed in stores and it's no picnic.  I once grumbled to my manager that if a customer complimented me, how nice.  But, if they were disgruntled, they'd call corporate.  Thanks a lot. My manager was kind enough to send a complimentary letter on to corporate.  It was very comforting-but I quit a few weeks after she was demoted.

Long story short, when I crossed paths with the co-manager this morning, I asked him if he'd consider doing a book signing for a local author (me).  He really seemed to like the idea, but of course, has to go through the home office.  He could make no promises, but he sincerely congratulated me.  Very encouraging.

Like I said, all they can do is say "no."  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment