Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Social Media

Hoo, Boy!  This Facebook stuff can be addictive.  I've just spent the last couple of hours replying, commenting, etc. on Facebook.  Until today, when I got a notice that someone has commented on my comment, I didn't know what to hit to acknowledge them.  Then, I found it.  Was that a good thing or a bad thing?  Timewise, it could definitely become a dangerous thing.  Right now, it's not so bad because there's no school and I don't watch TV on Tuesdays.  However, replacing one addiction with another is not so smart, so I'm definitely going to have to watch it.

Oh, but it's fun to be in contact with people I haven't seen in 50 years-literally.  It's been so great catching up on their lives and sharing bits of ours.  It's really special to see how childhood friends have changed over the years.  People I've been praying for and even some I haven't.  It's delightful to learn that we have connected spiritually even though we haven't been in touch over the years.  God is so good.

Moving so many times has given me friends in so many places.  Now, thanks to Facebook, I'm making new friends and renewing friendships with those I knew so long ago.  God is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment