Thursday, June 11, 2015

Sorry

I just couldn't do it yesterday.  For those of you who check daily on my rantin's and ravin's, I didn't have it in me to try to write anything yesterday.  And it turned out to be a really good thing.  Too often, something upsets me and I pop off instead of sitting quietly and waiting for the Lord.  (My neurologist calls it "poor coping strategies.)  Later, I regret it because I misunderstood the situation.

When I got home from the neurologist's yesterday, I was exhausted and so down I couldn't even tell my husband what the doctor and I discussed.  Not until I had time to sit still and quiet my blue spirit.  Before I went to see the doctor (a 25 mile trip one way), I read in I Corinthians 1:25-30 that I was CHOSEN.  In fact, it's there 3 times.  God CHOSE the foolish in the world to shame the wise;  God CHOSE the weak in the world to shame the strong; and God CHOSE the low and despised in the world [to fulfill His purpose].

I clung to those verses the whole way home and on into the evening.  It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about me or what's going on in my life. It only matters what God is doing in my life and I cannot know that unless I am still before Him and choose to listen to His comfort.

Then this morning, I read Exodus 14:10-14 and was again encouraged and comforted.  "...see the salvation of the LORD, which He will work for you today."  And, "the LORD will fight for you and you have only to be silent."

I am well aware that Moses was speaking to the Israelites as they faced great fear and danger while they marched toward the Promised Land.  However, the principle is the same for me as it was for those weak, frightened Israelites.  I need to be still before the Lord and allow Him to remind me that He CHOSE me.  It doesn't mater my condition.  It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about me.  I am chosen.  Therefore, God has a purpose for me and that's more than enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment