Thursday, May 21, 2015

What's going on?

For the second time in recent months, I unlocked my car as I walked toward it, opened the door, only to discover I had the wrong car!  Obviously, that means there's a lot of gray Honda CRV's in this area.  Now, either they make duplicate locks or people who drive Honda CRV's are careless about locking their car. The one  today had a Massachusetts plate, so it's possible.  The other one was local, but we purchased ours in Jacksonville, so again, it's possible.  Not very likely,  however.  I'm more inclined to think it's people who can't be bothered locking their cars.

It takes me back to the time our family had a '52 Olds.  A girl in town had a '52 Buick.  Yes, the keys were identical.  My brother Bill and his buddy, Jimmy, used to use our car key to move her Buick. She'd come out of work and scratch her head, unable to figure out how her car got parked on the other side of the street.  They never told her.  Naughty boys!

Come I think of it, I know a whole lot of Jimmy's who are or were mischief makers.  Jimmy Swaggert, Jim Jones, Jim Bakker, to name a few.  Parents of new baby boys, Beware!

No comments:

Post a Comment