Monday, May 18, 2015

Sneakers

Much as I have resisted, I guess the days of cute shoes and strappy sandals have come to a screeching halt for Yours Truly.  Last night, I chose to walk to church because my back was bothering me and I thought perhaps it came from inactivity over the weekend.  Some time in the middle of the night, my knee wakened me, screaming in pain.  I wore my cute summer sandals and thought it would be OK. They're not exactly orthopedic, but they are Easy Spirits.  If I walked 2/10 of a mile, I would be surprised.  Still, my knee was very angry with me.

The orthopaedic surgeon I saw on Friday said he thought because the pain is from the hips to the feet, I need to have my back looked at.  Oh, goody!  I get to consider back surgery as opposed to knee surgery.

Positive, keep it positive.  Deep breath.  OK.  Thank You, Lord, that we live in a day and age when pain can be relieved by surgery and artificial knees.  But, (whimper) do I have to?  Do I really have to finally admit my age and become a little 'ole lady in sneakers?  Looks like it more and more.  Ugh!

When I was a child, people's shoes were an interest to me.  Mom said I used to embarrass her, talking about people's shoes.  Or that I wanted to give my baby shoes to babies we met.  Today's fashions are wild, I admit, and most of them are way too young for me.  Platforms?  I didn't like those when they were popular in the 40' and 50's.  I still don't like them.  However, a nice, sedate pump.  Un uh. Sneakers.

This morning, while shopping, I wore sneakers with my capri's.  How precious.  Still have the backache.  So, Lord, what's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment