Wednesday, January 14, 2015

New boy

We have a new boy at school.  Yesterday was his first day.  Public schools in Florida have taken cursive writing out of the curriculum, but we have not.  Over the past 11 years, I have come home with tears in my eyes from a statement a boy has made about their home life, but today was the first time I had tears in my eyes because a boy was so hard working and so willing to learn.

All the years of pulling teeth, just to get a decent sentence out of a boy in an essay he was required to write-well I've been rewarded.  In the years I've been there, it seems as though the caliber of students we get have gone from families who are fed up with the boy and just want to foist him off on the school to parents who want their son to learn.  It's made it easier and more rewarding.  I enjoy working hard when I get cooperation and over the years the cooperation has improved.

But, today!   Wow!  Thank you, Lord!  Since I've been there, one boy spent a year on the mission field, one boy has been accepted into the SEALS program, and now this young man, who enjoys learning.  It's often been said reaching just one makes it all worth it.  True, but the more I reach, the greater the reward.  Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment