Monday, September 29, 2014

Uh Oh

Hit a bump.  One that I have to laugh about, but at the same time, praise God for the opportunity to share God's love with someone who seems very lonely.

A Linked In message came last night.  Very complimentary.  Alarm bells went off.  Along with lots of laughter.  Who'd be interested in a 70 year old great grandmother who's been very happily married for more than 50 years?

My first step when a guy shows an interest in me is to ignore it.  Mostly because I can't believe it.  I'm well aware that men can turn a situation into "He said, she said" in a heartbeat and I don't want the hassle.  It also expresses a loneliness in them that makes me feel sorry for them.

Debbie Macomber talked about her messages from guys in prison.  Jill Briscoe said if a guy has never hit on you, "Don't worry, someone will."  The amazing part of that is she's a pastor's wife.

Second message came this morning with the question, "Are you married?"  I can't play dumb on that one.  So I told him I'm a happily married 70 year old great-grandmother, but my first love is the love of God.  Hope he got the message.


No comments:

Post a Comment