Thursday, December 4, 2014

Just the facts, Ma'am

This morning, I had tests done at the hospital's diagnostic center.  Check in for this stuff has become brutal.  Takes longer to check in than to have the blood drawn.  When the clerk saw my birthdate, she commented that I would soon have a birthday.  I said, "Yes, I'm old."

She responded with "No, you're not."  Then she looked at the date again and said, "Oh, yes, you are."
Of course, she back pedaled.  "I meant to say your face looks so young."  It's so much funnier if you leave the back pedaling off.  No, I'm not going to alter my birth certificate.  God knows the truth, I know the truth, so lying won't change anything.

Reminds me of the time a woman made a point to tell me what a beautiful alto voice I had.  "Well, thank you, but I was the soprano."

Again, the back pedaling.  "Oh, well, um, um, you were good, too."

Get real.  It is what it is, as the youngsters of today are so fond of saying.  I don't mind telling my age and I would really rather listen to a good soprano than be a poor one who has to strain to hit high notes and can throw more than a few clinkers into the mix.

It's nice to to know I'm loved and respected in spite of my faults.  That's really all that counts.  Hubby showed his love this morning.  He had breakfast waiting on my when I got back from having a fasting blood test.  What a guy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment