Sunday, December 21, 2014

A pox on PC

Yesterday, while the news was full of the tragic murders of 2 NON-WHITE policemen in protest by a madman, I was enjoying myself thoroughly, talking to several black women working in the stores where I was making purchases.  We laughed and talked like old friends.  There was no racial tension between us.  Our skin color may have been different, but our hearts were in tune.  If politicians and the PC police would shut up and go away, I think that's the way it would be in general everywhere.

One of the things my mother taught me about motherhood was to avoid getting involved in my children's spats with neighborhood friends.  The kids patch things up quickly and forget what they were fighting about while moms are still bickering about whose precious angel did what naughty. The principle applies with politics.  There are those who deliberately stir up trouble for their own benefit where people, if left alone, would figure it out themselves.  In fact, until the blowhards started, there may not have been a problem in the first place.

I'm sick about the police officers who lost their lives and I sincerely hope their deaths were not in vain.  Since I watched the shootings during the riots at Kent State so many years ago, I often wonder who has to die in order to restore sanity when violence again rears it's ugly head.

Every year, some of the boys I tutor read the story of the 5 missionaries who died in the jungles of Ecuador at the hands of the very Indians they were trying to reach with the love of Jesus Christ.  It had a tremendous impact me when I was 12 years old.  Each year, as I read the story and guide the boys in the essay they must write, the story takes new meaning.  This year, I realized, perhaps for the first time, that their deaths served a purpose that their living could never have done.

Because they died so tragically, the world was changed.  Men and women all over the world heard and responded to the Gospel they would have continued to ignore had the men continued to live quietly and unknown among the Waodoni tribe of Ecuador.  Yes, the Waodoni are now Christians.  It's a beautiful story. Perhaps if they had not murdered those missionaries, they would have in time come to Christ, but the rest of the world would have gone on it's merry way in ignorance.

I pray those policemen's deaths will have much the same impact.  And a pox on politicians who martyred the truth, costing the lives of those two policemen.  God will hold them accountable for the vitriolic invective they've spewed to infect the country for their own political gain.  I believe in imprecatory prayer and I am praying God will bring them to such disgrace they'll lose all influence they've maliciously gained over the years.  I pray they slink back into the slough of despondence they came from before other innocent people have to die from them shooting off their mouths.


No comments:

Post a Comment