Wednesday, November 26, 2014

OOPS-again

Yesterday, as I read I Peter 2, somehow I got it in my mind that God was calling us precious in verses, but on a more careful examination of those verses this morning, I realized my error.  In both cases, God the Father is calling Jesus the living Stone as precious.

I'm not disappointed, just embarrassed.  Taking a verse out of context, such as was recently done by our President is one thing, but misunderstanding can be just as bad.  And, so, to my one follower, I apologize.

I'm not disappointed because my search of the Scriptures over a one year period gave me 43 double columned pages that told me God loves us, cares for us, and is worthy of our love, obedience, and worship.  It was during that time of study that  I came across Zephaniah 3:17.  I'd seen part of that verse quoted on many occasions-the part that says He rejoices over us with singing.  It was the fact that He quiets me with His love that grabbed my heart and has held it fast for the past 18 months. That verse is quoted in every book I autograph.  It's often been said that the best way to tell others about Jesus is to tell what He's done for me.  I want others to know He wants to do the same for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment