Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Amazing

It never ceases to amaze me at how great God is.  He is perfect and yet, He sees us, with all our faults and foibles as "precious."  (I Peter 1:4)  That blows me away.  Zephaniah 3:17 has become very precious to me over the past 18 months.  I still find it hard to believe He "takes great delight in me," quiets me with His love," and "rejoices over me with singing."

So often, I'm bound up by all my faults and foibles, I forget to focus on Him.  When I do that, I play right into the enemy's hands.  And then, God, in His amazing tender goodness, gives me a verse of Scripture to remind me that He still loves me.  What a relief!  What a joy!  To know that I am loved in spite of myself is just too wonderful for words.

I was just reminded in Luke 5:5 that Peter said, "because You say so."  Jesus told him to let down his nets.  They'd fished all night and caught nothing, but because Jesus said so, Peter let down his nets and caught so many fish, he was overwhelmed and humbled to be in Jesus' Presence.  It's kid of like that for me.  Because Jesus says so, God loves me, considers me precious, quiets me with His love, and rejoices over me with singing. He said it, I believe it.  Thank You, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment