Saturday, December 26, 2015

Touchy little boogers

I'm on my laptop trying to navigate through the sorts of things I already know how to do (Facebook, e-mail).  Laptops are touchy little things.  If you've posted on Facebook and I haven't responded, it's probably because I haven't got the hang of scrolling, yet. I go too far and have to back up.  I back up and go too far, missing the ones I want to see.  I have learned this morning that it takes a very delicate touch.

I also need to learn to keep my fingers off the tracker while I'm thinking.  All sorts of little boxes pop up or the cursor departs to places I did not intend for it to go.  When I start to type again, my letters are not in the right place.

How I get Facebook to expand the size of the pictures and put the comments on the side, I have no idea.  It's happened several times this morning.  My answer?  Close it out and go back in.  Can't tell you how many times that's happened.

On e-mail, Sometimes there's a blue line across some of what's written or even all of it.  Don't know how that happens or how to get rid of it. It comes in that way.  Haven't done anything to it, but need to learn how to get rid of it so I can at least see what my friend has to say.

My generation and the generation under mine often talk about young people today being whiners. Everything's too hard.  Well, guess what?  They ain't the only ones! I'm not saying this is too hard. That would be insulting my God-given intelligence.  But, I will say it ain't easy!  I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I will conquer this.  I will.  That will be the best way I can say thank you to my son and daughter-in-law for giving me this gift.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment