Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to one and all! I do hope this has been a day of joy, peace, and hope.  Our hope for you is that you've enjoyed your family and had lots of fun to boot.  We've been teasing my daughter-in-about all the "memories" she's been making.

We believe that memories hang on the mistakes that are made, not the perfections of the event.  She's made a bunch, so we have many memories about today.  She started by putting our granddaughter's stocking goodies in the wrong stocking and Ashley's stocking hung empty.

We have the tradition of passing gifts, one at a time and allowing the person to open it before going to the tree for more gifts.  Mark was playing "elf" and having difficulty doing it.  He was finding gifts for everyone but me. Finally, Deb picked up a package from the front of the tree and handed it to me. It was a disc for security!  It was then decided that they would dig around at the back of the tree to find the computer the disc went into!  I now have my laptop.  It brought tears to my eyes to know the family was willing to spend that kind of money for me.  My granddaughter and son have spent a lot of time setting it up for me.

Then I made the mistake of not putting a name tag on one of the gifts, so Mark opened it to find it was for my grandson.  Oops.

Deb apparently set the wrong time on the  timer for the Christmas breakfast casserole. It was obviously unfinished.  We were laughing about having so many gifts to open, we had to take and break and come back to it.  We were all seated at the table and learned the casserole wasn't done baking.  So, back we went to the tree and the family room.

My second shocker came when Bob gave me a large cash gift.  Deb gave me a monogrammed purse for my birthday.  Bob had planned to give me a purse and shoes for Christmas.  Yesterday, while Deb and I were out getting the oil changed on our car, I was saying I have a terrible time finding comfortable shoes.  We stopped at a shoe store she thought could help me and sure enough, I ended up getting shoes.  Bob had Deb wrap the cash for me.  I was so shocked, I cried.  So did he-and everyone else.  A memory none of us will forget, regardless who caused it.

Now, the fun begins as I learn to use this laptop.  They family's been trying to get me one for years and I've balked because I have a very hard time using the tracker.  Mark gave me a few quick lessons. The rest will have to come one step at a time.  Well, Deb did teach me how to set the sound where I want it.  Even though it's the same program, I need to use the buttons on the keyboard instead of the icon on the screen.  Never too old to learn.  Stay tuned.

Again, a very Merry Christmas to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment