Monday, August 11, 2014

Nice, really nice

The nicest thing happened to me on Friday when I went into the Post Office for the third or fourth time to mail a book.  The woman who'd been waiting on me suggested I go on line and get the mailers and postage, but as my readers of this blog well know, I don't like computers and like purchasing on line even less.

She was curious as to why I was coming in so often, so I told her about the book.  She was impressed to learn that someone in little ole Sebastian has actually been published.  The truth is, there's lots of us.  Why they aren't mailing books out, I don't know, but I offered to show her the cover of the book.

She looked at it, asked me about the plot, which I gave her briefly.  Her eyes grew big, her mouth dropped open in surprise.  "You know what?  This is the story of one the women who works here!"  Another clerk heard us talking and wanted to know what was going on, so I filled her in.

"I want one," she said.  Naturally, I just happened to have a couple extra in the car.  Before I could get out the door to get the book, she called after me, "I want two."  It was her intention to give the second book to the woman life story is similar to the fiction I've written.

Nice, really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment