Monday, June 8, 2015

Oh, Goody

Just this minute returned from the doctor's office.  Three of the best orthopaedic surgeons in this area don't know what's wrong with my knee.  They gave me a cortisone shot when I was expecting to meet one doctor and make an apointment for arthroscopic surgery.  It was not to be.

Two of the three the third referred me to fussed and fooled around, discussing options without coming to any conclusions.  One doctor finally admitted he'd never seen anything like it.  He also said the first doctor that referred me to him turned everything over to him he didn't understand.  I doubt that, but I let it pass.

He showed me the MRI-as if I understood what I was looking at.  They THINK it's scar tissue from an old injury.  Trouble is, I can't remember any old injuries.  They'll do another MRI in 3 months and if nothing else, let a radiologist do a biopsy.  Meanwhile I suffer or destroy my stomach and liver on ibuprofen.

Bottom line, I'm unique.  Oh, goody.

No comments:

Post a Comment