Monday, November 17, 2014

Announcement

I informed my husband this morning if he has the audacity to precede me in death, my first action will be to destroy all computers.  Well, not the car or the washer and dryer, but certainly this demon possessed instrument of torture.

Someone, somehow, somewhere is messing with this machine and this machine sends it on to my head.  The past two days, a notice has blocked my getting my emails or using this site.  Clicking on "NO" does nothing but send me to the next page I would have received if I had pressed "YES."  What part of "NO" don't these mad computer hacking geeks living in Mama's basement understand? Even Bob can't get it off.  He "restored" something this morning in an effort to clear it up so I can get on and do an early morning rant.  Let's see if that works any better than yesterday's effort.

Yesterday, he said the settings had been changed, but he didn't know how.  Ain't that just dandy?  The older my parents became, the more frustrated they became with the world.  It changes so rapidly and we old foggies can't keep up.  OK, so it all boils down to operator error.  Please don't say that in my presence.  I'm quite liable to express my frustrations in a way that will make you wonder why I call myself a Christian.  My neurologist says I have "poor coping strategies."  He doesn't know the half of it.

I have a friend who said computers frustrated her so much she gave up on them.  Even her smart phone challenges her.  I don't have a smartphone--yet.  Afraid to get one because I fully expect to have the same problems I'm having with the computer.  My friend my have the right idea.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment