Thursday, April 23, 2015

Celebrate!

Today is my friend's birthday.  She and I have been friends for so long we can't remember when we met.  She lived at one end of the block and I lived at the other.  Before we were born, there were 2 generations of our families living in our small town a few miles southwest of Pittsburgh.

When I called to wish her a Happy birthday, she insisted she didn't want to own up to birthdays any more.  Too many of them have occurred.  I have a different perspective.  I believe the Lord has graced this world with a wonderful person for lo, these many years.  I can't imagine how drab this world would be had she never been born.

Remember the Christmas movie, "It's a Wonderful Life" with Jimmy Steward and Donna Reed? Well, in my friend's case, it's the movie come to reality.  This world has been greatly enriched because God brought you to our little town.  Therefore, Dear Friend, Happy Birthday!!  and many, many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment