Saturday, September 20, 2014

Uh Oh

Hit a bump.  Never in my wildest imagination did I, as a 70 year old happily married great grandmother, expect to get an email from a man saying he wanted to get to know me better, along with nice compliments in the message.  His picture looks like I've got about 30 years on him!

Alarm bells were going off, along with Sarai's disbelieving laughter.  When the alarms ring, I choose to start off by pretending I don't understand.  I try to let him think I believe he's just being friendly.  However, men are very good at turning a situation into "He said, she said" and frankly I don't need the hassle.  By some strange quirk of the human dynamic, men are more often believed than woman.  I answered, keeping it impersonal, mentioning my computer illiteracy.

This morning, his first question was about my marital status.  I feel so sorry for him.  He's obviously very lonely.  But, oh, what an open door to present the Gospel!  I stepped through that door, after a lot of prayer and gratitude for those who are praying for me.  Now, I'm praying for him.  

If I hadn't stepped through the door into the world of publishing, I would never have joined any social media and would have missed a wonderful opportunity and blessing.

God is amazing.  He's turned an uh oh into an aah.

No comments:

Post a Comment