Wednesday, September 28, 2016

I apoligize

Can you see me blush?  Ever do something dumb on the computer and can't change it?  I did. Blush.  A poll came the other day and out of idle curiosity, I began to fill it out.  There were 30 questions and the more I answered, the more intrigued I became.  There were 4 possible answers: Yes, No, No opinion, and Other.  If other was the chosen answer, there was a place to enter the answer.  The fact that I chose yes or no didn't stop me from also filling out why I answered the way I did.  Whether or not that will be seen by those who check the answers is unknown and not the reason I'm embarrassed.

When I finished answering the questions, there was a request for donations and I tried to send my answers on without donating.  No dice. The poll indicated that $1.00 was the minimum, so I entered $1.00.  Then, I was embarrassed at being such a cheap skate and I tried to change it, but couldn't. I'm sure it was thought I meant it to be an insult.

Truly, I didn't.  I just wanted my answers to go forward.  Yes, we could make a donation now and I'm not generally superstitious, but we have donated three times to politicians-who lost!  I do not want Donald Trump to lose, and I'm concerned we'll jinx his campaign.  Instead, I pray for him.

Then, we got a robocall from Ivanka Trump about the Melbourne Rally.  A friend really wanted to go, so I sent for tickets and got them. But, she had a conflict she couldn't get out of.  I don't drive after dark and that ended my ride. I didn't want someone else who could attend to lose out on the opportunity because I had tickets they could have had. I asked everyone I could think of.  I was even willing to drive, but I couldn't get any takers.  Long story short, I didn't get anyone to go with me and I wasn't about to go by myself.

It's bad enough that I'm sorry I may have denied someone else an opportunity. Lo and behold, in this morning's emails, there is a note thanking me for attending the rally!  That's Presidential.  That's a gentleman.  Yeah, he's got thousands of people who do that for him. But, it's much more Presidential than Hillary Clinton dropping the f-bomb on Secret Service men when they say good morning to her. It gives me yet another reason to vote for him.




No comments:

Post a Comment