Monday, July 18, 2016

End to end

As I attempt to write this, I have to admit my thoughts are being distracted.  The Republican Convention has just now begun and I don't want to miss anything.  This has been a very different political season, to say the least.  It's touching to see the WWII vets present the colors. The last fellow can hardly walk, but he saluted the flag and sang the National anthem.

                                                        There has been a great deal of conflict and inflammatory rhetoric over the past year while Republicans chose their candidate for President.  Some have vowed, "never Trump," family members included.  Indications of voting for the Libertarian candidate has been been mentioned and. in the interest of learning, I looked up the Libertarian platform.  To be honest, I didn't study it, but I did read it.  It didn't take me long to come to the conclusion that Libertarianism is one end of the utopian spectrum and Democrats are the other. It seems like about every paragraph of the platform said people are free to do whatever they want as long they don't infringe on the rights of anyone else. Trouble is, people are flawed.  The Bible says all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.  It also says there is no one righteous, no not one.  Therefore, who's to decide when there's conflict between opposing sides? Who's in the right and who's not? Another person?  According to the platform, that's not the Libertarian way. The realization that such a platform is not possible to implement hit the hardest when I read their paragraph on abortion, in which they say it's a matter of concern to the mother and her doctor. Babies have no way to say they want to live. Dads? Families? Society? Scratch self-determination. They also have no qualms about recreational drugs. I've seen too many lives destroyed to go along with that.  There are also historians who say the entire nation of China was destroyed by drugs.  People need guidelines, rules. Even God gave the 10 Commandments because He knew that.

The other end of the spectrum of utopia is the Democrat philosophy.  If we just let the government take care of us, all will be well.  How's that worked out for you?  We've just had 7+ years of that utopia and the country has taken a definite turn for the worse.  Just yesterday, a new friend said all the violence that's going on right now reminds her of the 1960's. I said the same thing just last week.  The problem is, so many of the rabble-rousers in the 1960's are now in leadership in the Democrat party. So, how's that working, America? Democrats have been in power for the last 7+ years, meaning their policies are well known.  There's so much hatred, violence, anger, hopelessness.  Policy failure. Have we learned nothing as a nation? Country after country has failed because of leftist policies and yet, do we think we can make them work in America just because we are American? Little needs to be said about the character failure, leaving the public with a very bad taste in their mouth and the bitter feeling that America got taken yet again.


While the Republican party is by no means perfect, it is also more pragmatic.  As the Bible says, we're imperfect. We're seriously flawed. However, I do see the Republican party as more logical, much more central on that utopian spectrum. When the primaries began, I was astonished Donald Trump was so popular among Christians. I was astounded that he could say some of the awful things he did and still win the nomination. It was disappointing and I said so in a previous blog. In it, I proclaimed I would never vote for Trump. A short time later, I changed my mind.  It came with much prayer and struggling about my reasons for making my change. As time has progressed since those first wild, disturbing, primary debates my impression of Trump has improved.  I was especially pleased to learn he'd chosen Pence as his Vice Presidential Running Mate. Until last night, about all I knew about Pence was his statement that he was a Christian first, a conservative second, and a Republican third. That fits me as well. There is a small group that has formed and calls itself the Conservative Party.  I confess I know nothing about them,and would not consider voting for their candidate until I do. Before Pence was chosen, Dr. James Dobson said that Trump had become a Christian.  For his sake, I hope so, but experience has taught me the spectrum of people who call themselves Christians is an even broader spectrum than utopianism.

Who will win? Or will the racial violence become so great Obama will declare Marshall Law and we'll have no election?  It's been suggested by several people. Only God knows.  Again, I say, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence The Lord knows what He's doing and I am confident that His purpose will be fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment