Tuesday, February 17, 2015

'Sup?

Twice in the past week, a friend has commented that I've not blogged in a while.  Bless you!  Someone (at least 2) are reading my blog!

Lately, I've been focused on a new Bible study entitled The Lord's Table.  What's it about?  More importantly, what's it teaching me?  I'm learning to see what God wants to take out of me as well as learning what I can get out of Scripture.

There are so many distractions in my life that has woven a thick curtain between the Lord and me.  My prayer life had become ritual, my Bible reading, duty.  But, The Lord's Table has begun a journey enabling me to explore how to have the joy of my salvation restored.

I have long known that the way I eat has been the fabric of so much of that curtain.  Unbeknownst to me, attitude was an even heavier fabric.  I've tried to be grateful for all that happens in my life, but even that had become hypocrisy.  "I said 'thank you,' now give me what I want."  Really Christ like, huh?  NOT.

So the first thing I had to deal with was my attitude.  Attitude, I've learned has a great deal to do with the abundant life Jesus promised.  When we truly seek Him, life becomes abundant.  When I'm grateful, I don't have time to enviously  drool over food that skinny people eat with abandon and no consequences.  I don't have time to resent their slim bodies and wonder why God didn't give me one.

Prayer is becoming once again a time with meeting with the God of the Universe.  Imagine that.  The God of the Universe wants to meet with me!  How humbling.  Bible study is rich with life changing words that gets into my spirit.  How gratifying.

How abundant.  Stay tuned.  That was just day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment