Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Weeds

I've finally learned something new about the computer-how to check for spam!  Big deal.  According to Glen Beck on this morning's radio show that I listen to when I'm driving someplace, The FCC is about to forever change the internet.  As usual, they refuse to say what's in the 300+ page bill.  Like Obamacare, they want the bill to pass and then tell everyone what's in it.  I'm just beginning to take baby steps in understanding this confounded contraption that seems to rule the world and they're going to change it!

So, how are they going to change it and how hard is it going to be for people like me to learn the new way of using it?  Haven't a clue.  Beck did say it was going to be much slower.  Slower than Europe's internet and apparently, they're pretty slow.

Maybe, for me, that's a good thing.  Everyone else won't be so far ahead of me and I won't be frustrating them with my ignorance.  However, I seriously doubt that's what the slowness is all about.  More than likely, it's going to slow down important things, like processing bank data, medical data, and anything else that's more important than me responding on Facebook or babbling on in my blog.

What got me started on this little rant is when I check my spam, the majority of it is in Arabic!  How did that happen?  I make more mistakes in English than I care to count or admit, so who thinks I can actually understand Arabic?  Arabic script is distinctive.  I know that's what it is.  I just don't know how to read it.  Don't care to, really.

How did it get on my computer?  Who thinks I am interested in whatever's being offered?  All I can say is, I'm so glad there's a delete button!  The boys at school like to think they can type-until they start taking classes with me.  They may not know as much as they think they do, but one thing's for sure.  They know where that backspace button is and beat on it with amazing regularity.  Type a letter, hit the backspace, type a letter, hit the backspace.

I doubt whoever is sending me messages in Arabic is pounding on the backspace button to erase their mistakes, but this is one time they could put it to good use.  Sending anything to me in Arabic is definitely a mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment